Since 2006 the fundraising efforts of Hydragogy have brought donations of about 120,000 euros which have been spent on the following initiatives:
Hydragogy offers free private lessons by child psychologist Alexandra Stamopoulou to children with learning disabilities like dyslexia. This program has been running since 2006, throughout the school year and the lessons take place on our premises.
Every summer Hydragogy funds educational trips to summer schools abroad. More than 75 children from Hydra have participated in this program so far (2017), most of whom had never even been on a plane before:
- 2006 University of Kent (UK))
- 2007 The University of Northampton (UK)
- 2008 University of the West of England (UK)
- 2009 Nation Campus Paris (France)
- 2010 Brunel University (UK)
- 2011 University of Leicester (UK)
- 2012 University of Westminster (UK)
- 2014 University of Westminster (UK)
- 2015 University of Westminster (UK)
- 2017 Cats College, Cambridge (UK)
- 2018 make a donation
Since September 2010 Hydragogy offers every Saturday free Art Lessons by artist Dimitris Fousekis.
4. Support of other organisations
Hydragogy also offers financial assistance to other institutions and local organisations related to education such as the Hydra Chess Club, Hydra Kindergarten, the Ballet School and the Film Club.